Nothing can dim the light
that shines from within.
- Maya Angelou
I am so excited to introduce you to our gem heart valentines! I love that you can add a little color or sparkle and really make them your own! My girls colored some of their hearts with OOLY Brush Tip Markers and painted some with watercolor. We are having a hard time deciding which version we love the best. If you want to make some of your own, pop over to the ART CAMP STORE and download the "You're a Gem!" bundle. In the bundle, you will find the smaller class pack valentines as well as the larger gem heart coloring page, which also makes a great valentine for teacher or a beloved family member. Check out how you can turn the small hearts into necklaces and the bigger hearts into a garland!
To make the necklace you will need:
- colored markers, pencils, and/or paint
- mod podge or some other fixative sealer
- skinny cardboard (we used an empty cereal box)
- small hole punch
- embroidery thread
1. Print out your small heart "you're a gem" sheet. If you want smaller or bigger hearts just adjust the image scale in your printer settings. 2. color your gems with the material of your choice. 3. When the color has dried cut out your gem hearts and glue them onto a thin sheet of cardboard for added structure and durability 4. Cut out your reinforced heart and coat them with a light coat of Mod Podge or fixative spray to protect your design. 5. When the sealer coat has dried punch a small hole in the top center and add the thread of your choice.
To make a garland you will need:
- 4-5 copies of your big gem hear sheets
- watercolor palette + brush and water
- 3-4' of twine
- hot glue gun