This is a story about a little paper plate angel named Pearl. Pearl was feeling sad and drab and not in the holiday spirit at all. She walked into the Art Camp studio and said, “Arielle, is this as good as it gets?” I took one look at poor little Pearl and said, “No way, it is time for an Art Camp makeover!”
white paper plate
scotch tape or white duct tape
silver or gold wire, or pipe cleaners (we used re-purposed gold leaves)
tissue paper (we used white with gold metallic flecks)
1. Draw this shape on your paper plate.
2. Decorate your angel face and dress while your plate is lying flat. Glue the tissue paper to the wings.
3. Crisscross your angel wings.
4. Reinforce the wings in back with tape.
5. Make a little gold halo out of wire, metallic pipe cleaner, or re-purpose a gold foil leaf like we did.
6. Take a dab of hot glue or use a piece of duct tape to attach your dowel to the back of your angel's dress.
7. Make another angel so your “Pearl” can have a friend.