"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it."
I can't believe it is Day 20! I also can't believe I am sick again. I wish I had something funny, witty, or soulful to share that somehow ties into today's project. But truth be told, my brain feels like a big bowl of holiday mush. I guess I can take this opportunity to send a shout out to my mom who is most definitely in the top 5 world's best grandmothers of all time. I seriously couldn't do any of what I do without her love and support. H and R definitely won the Grammy lotto. She just picked the girls up so I could get some rest. I love you, mom.
Today's DIY cards are quick and cute and create ZERO mess, which means easy clean-up! Yay!
- silver duct tape
- yellow duct tape
- colorful washi tape
1. Start by building your menorah with silver duct tape.
2. Add your candles by laying vertical strips of washi tape.
3. Cut flames out of yellow duct tape.
- card stock
- washi tape
- adhesive of your choice: glue stick, glue dots, foam mounting squares (if you want it to pop off your card a bit
1. Sketch a dreidel.
2. Cut your shape.
3. Cover with washi tape.
4. Mount it to your card.
Washi Christmas Tree
- black print washi
- sequines or hole-punched card stock for balls
1. Lay a vertical strip of washi tape for your trunk.
2. Build out your branches with skinny, black print washi tape (you can cut your washi tape down the middle to get these skinnier pieces).
- washi tape for scarf and buttons
- googly eyes
- small scrap of orange construction paper for nose
- black pen for smile
- pink for cheeks (we used a dot marker on ours)
1. Scarf: Lay a piece of washi tape from the left side of your card to the right.
2. Cut out 2 circle shapes from a strip of washi for your snowman’s buttons.
3. Cut out an orange triangle shape for your snowman’s nose and glue it down.
4. Add your googly eyes above your carrot nose.
5. Draw a simple smile shape with a black pen.
6. Add your rosy cheek.